An Introduction to Working Therapeutically with Play (1 day training)
This experiential workshop introduces the concept of therapeutic play and considers core conditions for its provision. It explores the emotional experience of play for the child.
- Introduction to techniques and skills which aid communication with children and young people. These include active listening with tracking and content responses, as well as acknowledgement of feelings.
- Understanding the value of expressive forms of play as children’s communication.
- Understanding play as a healing mechanism and as a learning tool.
Workshops will be running on the following dates:
- Thursday, 14th September 2017 – FULL
- Thursday, 23rd November 2017 – FULL
- Thursday, 22nd February 2018
- Thursday, 26th April 2018
To book a place on any of the above dates please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 339 2366